Bringing together hotel professionals from around the world, last week marked the fourth annual Direct Booking Summit in Dallas, Texas. Organized by Triptease, a company that believes that “Direct is Best”, the two-day event brings together hoteliers from around the world in order to discuss challenges and participate in workshops with over 25 industry experts on topics, ranging from negotiating with OTAs to digital marketing tips.
Connecting Teams for Direct Bookings
Our very own Vice President of Strategic Accounts, Cady Wolf, was a panelist at the event. Wolf joined experts from Omni Hotels & Resorts, Ace Hotel Group, and Paramount Hospitality Management for the panel, Improve the Relationship Between Marketing, Digital, and Revenue Teams.
“We were thrilled to have Cady speak at the Direct Booking Summit about improving the relationship between Marketing, Digital, and Revenue teams. Cady brought a really unique perspective to a panel packed with actionable tips about getting teams aligned around a single goal. We also interviewed Cady for our ‘Success Secrets’ series – so stay tuned for more!”
– Anastasia Reshetnikova, Head of Events at Triptease
The panel dove into the importance of connecting teams—building a better operation to encourage direct bookings, and tracking performance.
“When looking at Key Performance Indicators or KPIs and metrics at Sojern, we focus on the ones that are the most meaningful for our customers.”
– Cady Wolf, VP of Strategic Accounts
Wolf took her time on the panel addressing the importance of setting targets and measuring performance.
Key takeaways from the panel:
- When setting targets, there are a lot of things to take into account, like seasonality, location, and the specific characteristics of a given property. It will vary based on a combination of factors.
- The KPIs that matter to hotels are things like: the number of bookings that a hotel is able to get from digital marketing, what it costs to acquire those bookings, and how many of them you can for the right room rate.
- Forecasting is incredibly important. Here at Sojern, we estimate the expected impressions to be delivered on a campaign and provide customers with a perspective on what the results will look like.
Key Takeaways from the Direct Booking Summit
The Direct Booking Summit is full of workshops, panels, and keynotes—providing a place for industry professionals to connect and discuss ways to place the power of an online presence back in the hands of hoteliers.
A few of the trends we saw at the Direct Booking Summit include:
- Meta-search is still a focus.
- Collaboration between teams is increasingly important for revenue.
- Voice is continuing to grow.
- Mobile is as big as ever.
- Google is on its way to being the next OTA.
“Talking among potential and current customers, Sojern’s solution easily fit into those conversations. Overall, a great conference to attend with top tier marketing, digital, and revenue hoteliers!”
– Monica Crockett, Sojern, Associate Sales Executive
It was amazing to attend the Direct Booking Summit this year—connecting with hoteliers and sharing a passion for direct bookings!
Interested in learning the top trends with consumer traveler intent data for hotels that can impact direct bookings? Download our 2018 edition of Sojern’s Hotel Insights Report: Impress Early to Never Miss a Booking today!